Please be on the lookout for an email that will ask for your Crimson Mail password. The link in the email directs you to a... Read More
Residential Internet Access
High-speed Internet access available to customers living in UA’s residence halls through the campus network.
Connecting to Wired
-A Standard Ethernet (network) card in your device
-CAT 5 Ethernet cable (can be purchased at SupeStore or local retail store). Do not use a phone cable.
- Your device should be powered OFF
- Connect the device to the large orange ResNet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn the device ON and open your web browser.
- You will be prompted to register your computer. Enter your myBama account name and password, click Submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Once you have completed registration, RESTART your device.
- Open Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- Enter your myBama username and password.
- Restart your computer.
Connecting to Wireless
Required Equipment: Device with wireless capability
- Use the network/wireless connection tool provided by the manufacturer of your wireless device. Under the list of available wireless networks choose UA-WPA2.
- You will be prompted to register your computer. Enter your myBama Account name and password, click Submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Once you have completed registrations, RESTART your device.
- Open your web browser and use the Internet as normal.
- Additional instructions on connecting to WPA2 can be found at http://oit.ua.edu/oit/services/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa/
NOTE: It is a violation of the UA’s Acceptable Use Agreement to use a wireless router on campus. Please read it for details.
If you require additional assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at 205-348-5555 or email ITSD@ua.edu with any questions. Please include your campus-wide identification (CWID) number when calling and/or sending email inquiries.