January 15th, 2015: Employees beware as there are phishing scams that are trying to steal your pay check through emails. Click here for additional information... Read More
Residential Internet Access
High-speed Internet access available to customers living in UA’s residence halls through the campus network.
Connecting to Wired
-A Standard Ethernet (network) card in your device
-CAT 5 Ethernet cable (can be purchased at SupeStore or local retail store). Do not use a phone cable.
- Your device should be powered OFF
- Connect the device to the large orange ResNet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn the device ON and open your web browser.
- You will be prompted to register your computer. Enter your myBama account name and password, click Submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Once you have completed registration, RESTART your device.
- Open Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- Enter your myBama username and password.
- Restart your computer.
Connecting to Wireless
Required Equipment: Device with wireless capability
- Use the network/wireless connection tool provided by the manufacturer of your wireless device. Under the list of available wireless networks choose UA-WPA2.
- You will be prompted to register your computer. Enter your myBama Account name and password, click Submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Once you have completed registrations, RESTART your device.
- Open your web browser and use the Internet as normal.
- Additional instructions on connecting to WPA2 can be found at http://oit.ua.edu/oit/services/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa/
NOTE: It is a violation of the UA’s Acceptable Use Agreement to use a wireless router on campus. Please read it for details.
If you require additional assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at 205-348-5555 or email ITSD@ua.edu with any questions. Please include your campus-wide identification (CWID) number when calling and/or sending email inquiries.