UA-Guest Wireless Network
UA-Guest is the secure network for visitors at The University of Alabama. UA-Guest provides internet-only access to non-UA personnel. It does not provide access to on campus resources or shared drives. To get connected to UA-Guest, follow the instructions below.
For visitors that require longer-term access, or access to UA resources, these visitors may request a UA Affiliate account from the IT Service Desk. Affiliate accounts require a UA faculty or staff sponsor.
Guests visiting from institutions that support Eduroam may use the Eduroam network rather than UA-Guest.
Get Connected to UA-Guest
- Visit your device’s network settings.
- From the list of available networks, choose UA-Guest.
- Once connected, you will be directed to a sign in page.
- Choose Request a Guest Account.
- Complete the required fields. Please note that the guest network only accepts non-UA email addresses.
- Your email address serves as your username. You will receive a text message with your password.
- Go back to your device’s network settings, select UA-Guest, then enter your username and password to connect.
Once a visitor establishes a UA-Guest connection, the connection is valid for 30 days. Visitors can renew this connection endlessly. If a visitor has previously connected to a UA network, such as UA-WPA2 or eduroam, they should forget these networks in order to connect to UA-Guest. UA students, faculty and staff should continue to use UA-WPA2. UA-Guest is not available on home football game days.