Beginning this month, Duo will be rolling out an updated version of the Duo Mobile app! Once the app is updated, users will notice a new, clean design. Push notifications, passcodes and phone calls will continue to work as usual, the update is only a design change. Duo’s biggest change will be swapping the position of the green “Approve” and red “Deny” buttons.
What is changing?
- The position of the Approve/Deny buttons will change so that Approve is on the right, a “thumb-friendly” location.
- Duo is improving the accessibility of the app, including adding a landscape view, variable font sizes, and improved color contrast.
- The new app provides clear guidance on restoring accounts if you get a new device.
- Duo is making it easier to find and manage your accounts with a simpler interface.
What is not changing?
The core functionality of Duo Mobile is not changing. You will continue to be able to:
- Receive a Duo Push.
- Use passcodes, which don’t require an internet connection.
- Add, edit, reorder, and remove accounts.
- Backup and restore accounts.
- Use dark mode.
- And anything else you can do in the current version of the app.
When the redesigned Duo Mobile launches, will I need to do anything?
It depends. If you have enabled automatic app updates on your device, Duo Mobile will update automatically. You can also manually update Duo Mobile on your device.
Will I need to restore my accounts or settings once Duo Mobile is updated?
No. All of your protected accounts will be automatically present in Duo Mobile after the update. You do not need to re-add anything. In addition, all of your existing settings, such as settings for Duo Restore for third-party accounts such as Instagram or Facebook, will also carry over automatically.