Your audio/visual technology support center.
Audio/Visual Solutions, a team within the Office of Information Technology, provides support and maintenance, consultation, design, installation, and training for a variety of audio/visual resources. AVS supports technology in classrooms and conference rooms. AVS also supports digital signage across campus as well as the indoor and outdoor Emergency PA system. AVS serves as technical support for live events.
Classroom Technology – Supporting Socially Distanced Learning
AVS has installed web cameras on adjustable mounts in over 400 instructional spaces across campus to allow instructors to livestream and record lectures. This facilitates equitable learning opportunities for both face-to-face and remote learners.
Cleaning Classroom Technology
Instructor stations with push buttons are to be cleaned with sanitizing wipes.
Newer instructor stations that feature touch panels are to be sanitized with alcohol in spray bottles. Spray the alcohol to a paper towel, and then wipe down the equipment. NEVER spray cleaning products directly on the equipment.
OIT’s Center for Instructional Technology displays how best to clean instructor stations in the video, Using Panopto in the Classroom.
Standard Classroom Computers
Computers at instructor stations are equipped with software to help UA faculty succeed. Below is a list of some of the software installed in AVS-supported classrooms.
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.6
- AutoCAD 2022
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blue Jeans
- CHEMCAD Suite 7
- ChemDoodle 10
- ChemOffice Suite 2019
- CodeBlocks 17
- ERDAS IMAGINE 2018
- Google Chrome
- IBM SPSS Statistics 28
- MATLAB R2021a
- MestReNova Lite
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Minitab 19
- Mozilla Firefox
- NVivo 12
- R for Windows
- Revit 2022
- SOLIDWORKS 2021
- SPSSS 27
- VLC media player
- Wacom Tablet
- Wolfram Mathematica 11
Along with supporting classroom technology, AVS offers a wide array of services.
- Consultation, design, maintenance and support of multimedia classrooms and conference rooms
- Computer support for multimedia classrooms
- Individual or group workshops on use of multimedia systems
- Development of operation manuals for multimedia systems
- Development of systems for special display mediums with A/V controls
- Set-up and operation of PA and/or video projection systems for University-related events
- Digital signage site surveys and installations
- Short-term rental of some portable equipment
Report an Issue
To report an issue with a classroom, a digital sign, or part of the Indoor Emergency PA system:
- Use the classroom help phone (Dial 2) to reach the AVS help desk.
- Dial 348-3453 from any other phone.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org