OIT performs routine maintenance on servers and systems every Sunday from 8 a.m. to noon. Many IT services may be offline intermittently during this time. Network access and computing resources availability (Banner, E-Learning, Exchange server, etc.) may also be affected. Since this is a low-usage period, fewer UA customers will be impacted. For questions, contact the IT Service Desk at (205) 348-5555 or email@example.com.
Project Management Office
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) Project Management Office provides a unified methodology standard for managing a project at The University of Alabama. Our office strives to attain the following goals on each project:
- Customer Satisfaction – ensure delivery of a project that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Process Excellence – improve project management processes to drive process excellence
- Value Realization – capture and communicate benefits and any positive/negative change to the business resulting from the project
- Compliance – security, communication and regulatory requirements must be built in as part of the deliverables of the project results.
For further information, please contact the Project Management Office.
The Project Management Guide will explain the process complete with template links and examples for any project lead to follow.
Project Management Office Staff
Director of Project Management: Carolyn Russo
Getting a Project Started
In order to fill the Project Request Form out you must change the default PDF viewer in Firefox. Follow the instructions below to change your PDF Viewer within Firefox.
On a PC:
1. Open Firefox, go to Firefox at the top left
2. Click Options
3. Click Applications
4. Search for PDF
5. Under Action for PDF, select Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)
1. Open Firefox
2. Click Firefox at the top left, select Preferences go to Applications
3. Look for Portable Document Format (PDF)
4. Click on Use Adobe Reader (default)
Continuity of Operations refers to our ability to keep as much of the technology as close to full operational status as possible in the face of whatever events may occur. Disaster Recovery (DR) refers to returning to full and normal operational status for those systems as soon as possible after a disaster event occurs. For more information, click here.
UA Campus Core Network
The University of Alabama is reengineering it’s core network in order to better support the growing demands of the University of Alabama community. For more information, click here.