To create or manage a personal address book, faculty and staff may either log in to the phone management web portal, or manually create entries through the phone interface.
Option 1 – Web Portal Method
First, contact us (205-348-9555) to request access to the web portal.
Step 1 – Visit https://cucm01.ua.edu/ucmuser/ and enter your myBama username + password.
Step 2 – The first time you login, you need to reset your Phone PIN. Once you’ve done that, click General Settings at the top, and then enter a numeric PIN in the Phone Services PIN section, and click save.
Step 3 – Select the “Phones” tab, then click on “Phone Settings” and expand the “Phone Contacts” section of the page.
Step 4 – Click the “Create New Contact” button, then populate the information in the fields, click Save.
Step 5 – Find Your Directory
Once the entries have been saved, the customer can access the directory on the phone by pressing the “Directories/Contacts” button, selecting “Personal Address Book”, and then searching by first name, last name, or nickname. If asked to log in when accessing the Personal Address Book, the customer must enter their myBama username and phone PIN.
Option 2 – Phone Interface Method
- Press the “Directories/Contacts button ( on 79XX phones or on 89XX, 6945, 6961, and 6921 phones)
- Select “Personal Address Book”
- If asked to log in when accessing the Personal Address Book, the customer must enter his/her LDAP/MyBama username and phone PIN (set in step “d” in section 1 above).
- Press the “more” soft key
- Press the “new” soft key
- Enter a first name, last name, and nickname, then press the “Phones” soft key
- Enter the contact phone numbers
- Press the “Submit” soft key