UA student + alumni email is currently hosted by Google. Student + alumni email will migrate to Microsoft O365 in May 2021.
Accessing Crimson Google Mail
Email addresses use the format (myBamausername@crimson.ua.edu). Students and alumni can access Crimson mail accounts with the same login credentials as myBama. Get started at mail.crimson.ua.edu.
Crimson Google Mail & Duo
Student Crimson mail accounts are protected under the same Duo Two Factor Authentication as your myBama account. All UA students are required to use Duo. Activate your account today!
Duo does not impact Crimson mail on your mobile device; however, when you visit mail.crimson.ua.edu to check your inbox on a web browser, you will receive the same Duo prompt that you see when logging into myBama. After graduation, Duo will be removed from your Crimson mail account.
Adding Crimson Google Mail to Your Mobile Device
iPhone and iPad
- From your Home Screen, tap Settings
- Tap Mail
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Google
- Enter your Crimson email address
- Tap Next
- Enter your myBama username and password
- Tap Submit
- If you have an active Duo account, Duo will need to verify your device with a notification when adding a Crimson mail account to your device.
- Select which items you would like to sync to your phone.
- Tap Save
Android Phones and Tablets
- Open Settings on your device
- Select Accounts & sync
- Select Add Account
- Select Google
- Sign in with your Crimson Account and myBama password
- Tap Next
- Select which items you would like to sync to your phone
- For your email, select Gmail
- For your address book, select Contacts
- For your calendar, select Calendar
- You can now access your student email through the Gmail app.
- You can now access your Google calendar through the Calendar app.
- You can now access your Google address book through the Contacts or People app, depending on your device’s configuration.
If manual entry is required, please enter the following:
Use SSL security must be checked.
Please also ensure that IMAP is enabled on your Crimson account. You my
check this by doing the following:
1. Log into your Crimson email.
2. Click the gear in the top right hand corner.
3. Click Settings.
4. Click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
5. Make sure enable IMAP is checked.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my e-mail address?
Your Crimson account name is identical to your myBama account name. Your e-mail address will be your userID@crimson.ua.edu.
How do I access my Crimson Google mail?
Crimson Google mail is accessed with the same login credentials as myBama. Visit mail.crimson.ua.edu to access your account.
Who has an account on Crimson?
All University of Alabama students have e-mail accounts on Crimson. This includes all individuals who have been enrolled in a course at UA since 2008.
Can I forward my Crimson Google mail to another email account?
Certainly. Graduating students may choose to forward their Crimson mail to another email account. You can do so by following these instructions. We encourage students that are current faculty or staff members to forward their Crimson mail to their UA mail to be sure you do not miss a message.
What if I am a faculty or staff member as well as a student?
If you are faculty/staff and currently enrolled in classes, you will be given assigned a Crimson account with the same privileges as any other UA student.
When will my email move to Microsoft O365?
Student email will be migrated from Google to Microsoft O365 in May 2021.
How will I access my email once it is migrated to Microsoft O365?
Step-by-step instructions are available on the migration webpage.