OIT provides wired and wireless Internet services.
Although wireless may be your go-to Internet solution, a wired connection can be more reliable. Wired connections are not affected by wireless hotspots, bluetooth connections or general traffic. Try a wired connection for your desktop or laptop today!
Connecting to Wired
- A Standard Ethernet (network) card in your device
- CAT 5 Ethernet cable (can be purchased at SupeStore or local retail store).
Steps to Connect
- Your device should be powered OFF
- Connect the device to the large orange ResNet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn the device ON and open your web browser.
- You will be prompted to register your computer. Enter your myBama account name and password, click Submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Once you have completed registration, RESTART your device.
- Open your internet browser.
- Enter your myBama username and password.
- Restart your computer.
Our IT Service Desk is happy to help you get connected. Give us a call today at 205-348-5555.