Faculty should use Blackboard Learn to communicate with students for course-specific matters. Listservs can be built to satisfy other email list management needs. Listserv membership should be ‘opt-in’ or membership of a club or organization. Individuals or organizations needing to send a large volume of emails to students should obtain permission from the Registrar’s Office before creating listservs. Individuals or organizations needing to build large lists of faculty, staff, or other non-student populations should contact Strategic Communications.
Listserv is an easy-to-use email list management software that allows organizations, classes, departments, committees and other groups of 25+ to communicate with members through one email address. Listserv allows faculty and staff to create, maintain, and communicate with mailing lists.
Benefits of Listserv
- Listserv supports all types of mailing lists, including email newsletters and announcement lists.
- Listserv owners can control who sends messages to the list.
- Owners can also control who is subscribed to the list.
- Listserv creates a comprehensive archive of postings searchable from the listserv management site.
Request a Listserv
To request a listserv, please click on the link below. Once your request has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email and instructions on how to manage your list.Request a Listserv Mailing List
Create Your Listserv Account
After your request for a listserv has been granted, create a password to login to Listserv.
- Visit listserv.ua.edu.
- Click ‘Log In’ in the upper right corner.
- Click the link ‘get a new listserv password’.
- Enter your e-mail address and your preferred password.
- Click the ‘Register Password’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation email from listserv.
- Follow the instructions to activate your password.
Forgot your password?
Create a new password on the listserv website.
Managing a Listserv
We have helpful information and step-by-step guides for managing your listserv.
Individuals may also manage their own list subscriptions on the listserv website.
If you need additional assistance with listserv, please contact our IT Service Desk.