We’re happy you’re visiting our campus. We’ve got a wifi network just for you!
UA-Guest is a secure internet network for visitors at The University of Alabama. UA-Guest provides internet-only access to non-UA personnel. It does not provide access to on campus resources or shared drives. To get connected to UA-Guest, follow the instructions below.
Get Connected to UA-Guest
- Visit your device’s network settings.
- From the list of available networks, choose UA-Guest.
- Once connected, you will be directed to a sign in page. If you are not automatically prompted to sign in, please open a web browser and visit a website that you do not normally visit. This will prompt your browser to establish a connection and direct to the sign in page.
- Choose Request a Guest Account.
- Complete the required fields. Please note that the guest network only accepts non-UA email addresses.
- Your email address serves as your username. You will receive a text message with your password.
- Go back to your device’s network settings, select UA-Guest, then enter your username and password to connect.
Stay Connected for 30 Days
Once a visitor establishes a UA-Guest connection, the connection is valid for 30 days. Visitors can renew this connection endlessly. For visitors that require longer-term access, or access to UA resources, these visitors may request access by contacting the IT Service Desk. By default, all visitors will receive access to the UA-Guest network. Please make note in your request if the visitor will need Eduroam access, as the visitor must receive a departmental LDAP account. All affiliate accounts require a UA faculty or staff sponsor.
Visiting from another campus? Connect to Eduroam.
Guests visiting from institutions that support Eduroam may use the Eduroam network rather than UA-Guest.
If a visitor has previously connected to a UA network, such as eduroam, they should forget these networks in order to connect to UA-Guest.
New UA-Guest device registration is not available on home football game days. Devices with an existing UA-Guest registration will be able to connect.