UA students, faculty and staff should use the wireless network UA-WPA2.
UA-WPA2 is our secure, enterprise-grade wireless network that requires your myBama username and password to connect. With over 7,500 wireless access points in buildings across the UA campus, OIT strives to provide superior wireless Internet service. Learn how to get connected, and be sure to check out our wifi tips and tricks below.
- Device with WPA2 wireless capability
Steps to Connect
- Visit your network settings.
- From the list of available networks, choose UA-WPA2.
- When prompted, enter your myBama username and password, click submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Choose to Trust the network.
- You’re now connected!
- Setup WPA2 on Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Setup WPA2 on Mac (10.6.x – 10.11.x)
- Setup WPA2 on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Setup WPA2 on Android Devices
- Setup WPA2 on other devices
Wireless Tips & Tricks
- Turn your wireless service off and back on, this will reset your connection and reconnect you to the nearest wireless access point.
- Please don’t use a wireless hotspot, and please don’t bring a router to campus. Leave the networking to us.
- All devices are not created equal, certain devices like smart tvs and wireless printers may require a wired connection.
- We have over 6,000 wireless access points in buildings across campus, and we’re constantly adding more to provide a better service to you!
- Change your password. If you have difficulty connecting, try changing your myBama password.
We’re Here to Help
If you are experiencing wireless connection issues, we want to know about it. Please visit 125 Gordon Palmer Hall, send us an email at ITSD@ua.edu or call us at 205-348-5555.
If you are reporting intermittent connectivity or an outage, please be prepared to provide your phone number, campus location and the type of device you are using.