Eduroam is the official wireless network for UA students, faculty and staff. Eduroam is a secure, worldwide federated network access service developed for the international research and education community. Students, faculty and staff can use their email@example.com email address and password to connect to eduroam. Once a user connnects a wireless device to the eduroam network at UA, that device is then eligible to connect to over 600 eduroam campuses in the U.S. Visiting students, professors and staff from other institutions may also connect to the UA network using their home credentials. Eduroam is available in 89 countries. With over 6,000 wireless access points in buildings across the UA campus, OIT strives to provide superior wireless internet service. Learn how to get connected, and be sure to check out our wifi tips and tricks below. Steps to Connect
- Visit your network settings.
- From the list of available networks, choose eduroam.
- When prompted, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email address and password, click submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Choose to Trust the network.
- You’re now connected!
*Note, if you were previously connected to another on campus network such as UA-Guest or UA-WPA2, first “forget” those networks before connecting to eduroam. To forget a network, visit your network settings, and select the option to forget the network.
- Setup on Windows
- Setup on Mac
- Setup on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Setup on Android Devices
- Setup on other devices
- Manual SSID Setup Instructions
- Troubleshooting help – Connecting at other locations
UA-WPA-PSK is a network designed for gaming, streaming and media devices. To connect a device to PSK, select PSK from the list of available networks. You will be prompted for a password. Visit the internet section of the Tech Tab on myBama to obtain the password. We store this password on the Tech Tab of myBama so only UA community members can utilize the network. When connecting to PSK with the given password, the network will automatically detect the device type. If you are prompted with a web page requesting a second login, students should fill in their myBama username and password. After successful authentication, users will see a green checkbox indicating the successful connection. If your device does not connect, you may need to manually register your device. To register your device, please visit http://wireless-enrollment.ua.edu. You will register your device with your MAC address. If you are unable to connect after registering your device, please contact the IT Service Desk at 205-348-5555 with your MAC address and device type. Remember, eduroam remains as the primary network for students, faculty and staff. Users should connect computers, smartphones and tablets to Eduroam with a @ua.edu email address and myBama password. PSK is designed for gaming, streaming and media devices.
Wireless Tips & Tricks
- Eduroam requires your ua.edu or crimson.ua.edu email address and password to connect. If you have a departmental email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, do not use this email address, but instead use your ua.edu email address – email@example.com.
- Additionally, for faculty and staff, eduroam requires your original UA email address. You may not be able to connect with an alias email address. For example, Big Al cannot connect with his alias email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, he must connect with the email address that reflects his myBama username, email@example.com.
- Turn your wireless service off and back on, this will reset your connection and reconnect you to the nearest wireless access point.
- Please don’t use a wireless hotspot, and please don’t bring a router or wifi extender to campus. Leave the networking to us.
- We have over 6,000 wireless access points in buildings across campus, and we’re constantly adding more to provide a better service to you!
- Change your password. If you have difficulty connecting, try changing your myBama password.
We’re Here to Help
If you are experiencing wireless connection issues, we want to know about it. Please visit 125 Gordon Palmer Hall, send us an email at ITSD@ua.edu or call us at 205-348-5555. If you are reporting intermittent connectivity or an outage, please be prepared to provide your phone number, campus location and the type of device you are using.