UA students, faculty and staff should use the eduroam wireless network.
Eduroam is the secure, worldwide federated network access service developed for the international research and education community.
Faculty, staff and students can use their ua.edu email address and password to obtain wifi access on over 250 campuses nationwide and hundreds more abroad. Visiting students, professors and staff from other institutions may also connect to the UA network using their home credentials.
With over 6,000 wireless access points in buildings across the UA campus, OIT strives to provide superior wireless internet service. Learn how to get connected, and be sure to check out our wifi tips and tricks below.
Steps to Connect
- Visit your network settings.
- From the list of available networks, choose eduroam.
- When prompted, enter your ua.edu or crimson.ua.edu email address and password, click submit.
- Read and agree to the network acceptable use agreement. Choose to Trust the network.
- You’re now connected!
- Setup on Windows
- Setup on Mac
- Setup on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Setup on Android Devices
- Setup on other devices
Wireless Tips & Tricks
- Eduroam requires your ua.edu or crimson.ua.edu email address and password to connect. If you have a departmental email address, such as email@example.com, do not use this email address, but instead use your ua.edu email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turn your wireless service off and back on, this will reset your connection and reconnect you to the nearest wireless access point.
- Please don’t use a wireless hotspot, and please don’t bring a router to campus. Leave the networking to us.
- All devices are not created equal, certain devices like smart tvs and wireless printers may require a wired connection.
- We have over 6,000 wireless access points in buildings across campus, and we’re constantly adding more to provide a better service to you!
- Change your password. If you have difficulty connecting, try changing your myBama password.
We’re Here to Help
If you are experiencing wireless connection issues, we want to know about it. Please visit 125 Gordon Palmer Hall, send us an email at ITSD@ua.edu or call us at 205-348-5555.
If you are reporting intermittent connectivity or an outage, please be prepared to provide your phone number, campus location and the type of device you are using.